One of our brethren sites, Ballwonk, has issued The 2007 Nationals Progdown Blognostication Credibility Challenge.
All Nationals bloggers brave enough to put their credibility on the line post in their own blogs, before the first pitch at RFK Monday, answers to the following blognostication categories:
1. Nationals season record.
2. Nationals NL East division place and games back (if any).
3. Date on which Nick Johnson first appears in a Nationals game.
4. Date on which Nick Johnson suffers season-ending injury.
5. Nationals team leader in pitching starts, with number of starts.
6. Total number of starting pitchers used.
7. Number of ejections for Manny Acta.
8. Guzman’s batting average, on-base percentage, and slugging average.
9. Nationals home runs at RFK.
10. Paid attendance for the July 21 game against Colorado at RFK (our only Fox national broadcast of 2007).
There’s nothing we like here at the Nationals Review more than a good challenge, except for crazy long nonsensical titles and referring to ourselves in the kingly we. So here goes, with no explanation necessary (and no spreadsheets used for this one… ok just one quick one to figure out #2).
2. Last, 22 GB
3. May 29
4. 7/27/09, in a skateboarding incident at home
5. Patterson, 27
p.s. – A fun fact about Christian Guzman. The Washington Post said this week that Guzman’s .524 OPS in2005 was the second lowest for a starter since 1992, the year before the league expanded to include Flordia and Colorado. Now that the season will be up and running, expect more Christian Guzman fun facts as often as possible!